Friday, June 22, 2012

How to Shop and Compare Huarache Running Sandals

                If you are shopping for your first pair of Huarache running sandals or you already have a closet full of them like me, where do you go to get them? How much will it cost? What is the best value for my money? That was the questions I asked myself a few years ago after seeing a TV special on the Tarahumara ultra runners of Northern Mexico. So I did what any good consumer would do and started to research the subject over the internet for possible suppliers.
 At that time I only found two sites that would either make them for me off of my foot tracing or send me a DIY kit. Also, the models available at that time were limited to only a 4mm or 6mm cherry sole material or 4mm leather and 6mm Neoprene. The other choice was to find an old tire or piece of rubber and make my own which is what I did. Who knew it would be so much fun?
Today there are about 7 suppliers (including myself) that I know of with a much greater variety of sole materials and thicknesses to choose from not to mention different lacing systems. How to decide which sole material and thickness is right for you I talked about in an earlier blog post. I also talked about lacing systems in an earlier blog post so I won’t re-hash all that here. So that leaves how to determine which supplier to buy from or to make your own.
The best answer to that question requires a little research from you. To make that easier for you to do, I have listed below all the websites that I know about so that you can easily go shopping from your computer or smart phone. I believe all make good quality products so what you will need to look for is the product that best meets your needs at the best value. Can the product be customized with different options, how much will it cost for the product you want and who do you call if you have a problem with your Huaraches?
Shopping around is the best way to ensure you are getting the best product and value for your money. Plus, shopping is fun when you know where and what to look for and what to compare. Some of the things I look for are price, availability, available options and customer service.
Below are the web Sites I recommend that you check out and some additional information from those sites as of 6/17/2012 that may help you make your decision. The data could change at any time without notice so please verify all data at the actual web site.  
Information on the All-Terrain Trail Sandals for the www.allwaysbarefootsandals.com, is not yet listed on the web site but can be found on my previous blog post or you can contact me at Rong@www.allwaysbarefootsandals.com for more information. These two models are counted in the chart below. So go shopping and have fun making your purchase decision.
Experience the joy of barefoot running in your own pair of Huaraches. Minimalist running has never felt so good.

To learn more about Ron G’s custom made Huaraches, please visit my Web Site at: www.allwaysbarefootsandals.com. Or visit my Facebook page “Huarache Sandals”

If you liked this article, please share it with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment