Monday, May 7, 2012

Latest on Lacing and Attachment Systems

Just a quick update to my post on lacing systems for Huarache Sandals. Over the last several months I have continued to experiment with different lacing materials and attachment systems with some very nice results.

I now use a 5/8 inch wide tubular nylon lace with buckle for easy adjustments and a new comfort in between toe attachment system that makes this one of the most comfortable lacing systems I have ever used. With the new comfort in between toe attachment system is a soft 1/2 inch wide thin nylon webbing material that easily fits between the toes and is melted on the bottom of the sandal in the recessed hole so that it is flush with the bottom of the sandal. This greatly extends the life of the lacing attachment system.

Shown above is the Mountain Cat 10mm Trail running sandal with 5/8 inch wide tubular nylon webbing and buckle system with new comfort in between toe attachment system.
To further improve on this design I have an optional EHS lace (Elasticized Heel Strap) version of the 5/8 inch wide tubular nylon lace that allows for easy slip on and off of the sandal. The EHS lace holds the sandal very securly to your foot and keeps the heel strap from slipping down on your heel while running or walking eliminating the need to have a tight heel strap like some of us do for none elasticized webbing. The EHS lace allows for a much more comfortable fit while maintaining a very secure fit.


Shown above is my new Mountain Cat 10mm Trail running sandal with the new attachment system and EHS lace (Elasticized Heel Strap). This lacing system stands up very well on the toughest of trails.

Since the new comfort in between the toe attachment system worked so well on my 5/8 inch wide Nylon Lace and EHS lace I had to try it on my 1/2 inch wide Elasticized lace as well. The results were fantastic making the Elasticized lace even more comfortable to wear and easier to replace.

Shown above are my well worn Supreme road running sandals with Elasticized lace and new comfort in between toe attachment system.
With the addition of the above lacing systems, I now have a choice of five different laces to use with my Huaraches. Its a good thing that I own over a dozen pairs as I like to wear them all with the different laces depending on what strikes my fancy on any given day.

Happy running and there is all ways more to come.

To learn more about Ron G’s custom made Huaraches, please visit my Web Site at:www.allwaysbarefootsandals.com. 
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment